Friday, November 1, 2013

Happy Weekend, and Happy November

Well hello November, it's nice to see you again...  

October was a great month - warm weather along with the first few real tastes of fall weather, and my little blog hit an all time high for site traffic.  When I started this blog, I had no idea people would actually read it, so to see how it's grown is just crazy to me.  Thank you to all who read, and comment, and message me privately - it really means a lot :-)


I was looking back at some of my old posts from last November, and it's hard to believe that was just a year ago... it's funny to read and remember some of the projects I'd worked on (and posted about) that totally flopped.  Some of them I totally forgot about, but this blog is like a living timeline of my life, so even though there are some I'd like to forget... it's all there in writing.  

Remember this Gold Leaf Barware DIY??  Those glasses went to Goodwill shortly thereafter.  I'd almost forgotten that failed project.  Also... our hallway had STRIPES... NARROW stripes.  Another "what was I thinking" moment.  Such a terrible idea for such a small space.  But you know what? That's all part of it.  Some of the DIY's turn out to be AMAZING... like this Wine Rack Makeover... or our Ikea Dresser / TV Stand Makeover... but there are plenty that are realllllyyyy bad... and I'm sure there will be more in the future that don't quite work out, but that's part of the fun.  Trying new things, trying to stretch our budget, and trying to make our apartment feel like a home.

This week was a quiet one for me on the blog, but I have a little project I worked on the other night that I'm excited to share with you all.  

Need a hint?





Any guesses??

Well, you'll find out for sure next week.  Have a lovely weekend!

xoxo

8 comments:

  1. I've been a long time reader, but never a comment-er. I really love the projects you work on, and your post today inspired me to post a message up on here. Keep up the good work - your home is beautiful, and you are so very talented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww - thanks for coming out of the woodwork - I love hearing from you :-)

      Delete
  2. I'm with Jolene. I stop by your blog frequently but have never commented, and after reading your post you deserve a big pat on the back. You do a great job on here, and it's one of my favorite reads every morning. Keep the content coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inspiring me with decor and blogging today! Thanks for being a wonderful part of my morning routine. I love cup half full! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to guess hotel bedding and than I just saw your post from today - bravo to you. The pillows turned out great, and I've been loving your blog for over a year now. Congrats!
    - Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You all certainly know how to make a girl feel loved! Thanks for the love :-)

      Delete