Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The Lion's are Here!!!


My little lion heads brass pulls are here!!

I was SO STOKED to see these come in the mail yesterday - I rushed home from work just to put them on the dresser, and was able to snap a few photos on my phone before it was completely dark.


With the days getting shorter, there was not a lot of natural light left, so the pictures are fuzzy and dark, but you get the idea... the brass pulls are AWESOME!!  Actually, even better than I hoped they would be!

They are actually quite small - the head itself is maybe an inch, but the ring adds to the size.

In the picture below, you can actually see that I hadn't screwed the pulls on the other side yet... I was too excited (and the light was fading fast), but there will be more pictures to come soon - promise.

What do we think of the decorative brass corner caps??  I looked into options to antique them a bit, but it involves toxic chemicals to strip off the protective film (I read that the natural stripping methods with lemon juice, etc do NOT work).  

I think I'll pass on the toxic stuff, and either make do as is, or scratch the idea all together.  I think I like how they look, and the little extra detail (almost called it flair... Office Space anyone??) but they are just so perfectly shiny in comparison to my awesome patina'd lion heads...


I think I'll sit on any big decisions for attaching the end caps for now, and just keep them resting there for the time being...

More pictures to come, and they will NOT be blurry ones... promise :-)

2 comments:

  1. This turned out so good. What color of green paint did you use? And where did you order the hardware from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it did photograph kind of green here, didn't it? I'll check the paint color, but in real life it's more of a deep ultra-marine blue...

      Delete