Monday, June 17, 2013

White Vanity - Inspiration to Reality

Perhaps it's the warm weather we've been having, or the fact that it stays light out until almost 9pm now (longest day of the year is this Friday!) but I have been finding myself drawn to light, bright, spaces that don't use much color.


Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of color - wearing it... decorating with it... but this vanity space is so pretty, I couldn't resist trying to find pieces to re-create it.


Places like Target, Overstock, and Ikea are great for simple pieces like these - I love that Ikea has come up with their own take on the Lucite chair (I also wrote about it here)... zGallerie is fabulous for large funky accessories, and RugsUSA is always a favorite source of mine.  This Jute rug is 65% off right now, and is just $79 for the 5'x8' size.  Can you seriously beat that price??

Actually this entire setup could be re-created for less than $500 - all together, this look costs $450, and the mirror alone is $200.  If you shopped HomeGoods, you could probably find a mirror of this size for ~$50, taking this look down to$350 or so...

Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment