Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Brussels Sprouts Chips

Kale chips are pretty much all the rage - a small bag from the market is around $5!  I've taken to making them at home, but just saw this recipe for Brussels Sprout Chips, and think I'll be adding this to me repertoire 

Just as easy, and it is a nice way to switch up a healthy snack.

Source

Brussels sprouts weren't exactly my favorite vegetable for a long time - I'm not a picky eater by any stretch of the imagination, but this is one food that I only started enjoying recently.

Turning them into a roasted crispy snack with fresh flavors like lemon and sea salt take away the pungent flavor that comes with steaming them.  Not a route I like to go!


Ingredients
 - brussels sprouts
 - olive oil
 - sea salt
 - lemon

Instructions
First separate each leaf from the brussels sprout. The smallest leaves won't separate so you can either go ahead and cook those too or save them for another meal idea. 

Lightly coat the leaves in olive oil. Bake at 400°F for 8-10 minutes until edges begin to get crispy. Be sure to keep an eye on them, as they can burn quickly. 

Remove from oven, squeeze on some fresh lemon juice and sprinkle with sea salt.

It doesn't get much easier than that!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment