Friday, November 2, 2012

Weekend Trip: Monterey & Carmel

This weekend Kris and I are headed to Carmel by the Sea - a sweet town on the central coast of California.  I am looking forward to foggy mornings and the salty ocean air... unwinding outside of the city, cozying up by a big fireplace, and falling asleep to the sounds of crashing waves.

I'm all packed up, and while these outfits aren't an exact replica of what I've packed, they are darn close, and good inspirations for any cool weather fall getaways you might have planned!

Fireside Drinks at the Moss Beach Distillery:
This is our first stop on our ride down tomorrow.  We'll be driving along the coast, and stopping at the Moss Beach Distillery in Half Moon Bay for sunset drinks by the firepits, and an early dinner.  This place is supposed to be haunted, and with the cloudy weather we've had, I'm looking forward to a great sunset.
Fireside Drinks



Pink top, $73 / Chloé cape coat / Citizens of Humanity jeans / Splendid genuine leather boots / Dooney & Bourke crossbody handbag / Mulberry / Wet Seal


Sea Kayaking:
One of the things that I'm most excited for is sea kayaking on Saturday.  I have a feeling that we are going to get a little wet (even just getting in the Kayak you drip water) so I plan on wearing clothes that will dry quickly, but that will still keep me warm.  I am loving the down vest - I compare it to sleeping with one leg out of the blankets.  You are still warm, but feel refreshed.  Tell me I'm not the only person who does this!
Sea Kayaking



American Apparel t shirt / The North Face north face, $160 / AllSaints / NIKE lightweight shoes / Linda Farrow Luxe


Beach Bonfire:
Unlike summers at the cape, bonfires on the central coast are cold - very cold - and I can pretty much think of nothing worse than cold sand in your toes when it's about 50 degrees out.  Tall boots are a must for keeping my feet dry and warm, and my leather jacket really is one of the warmest things I own.  A cozy infinity scarf will help keep me toasty and a beanie will help keep my hair under control.  Since we'll be having dinner beforehand, a slouchy sweater and fun necklace dress up dark jeans a bit.
Bonfire



Over sized sweater / Jofama vintage leather jacket, $400 / J Brand skinny fit jeans / Sperry Top-Sider top sider shoes / Michael Kors box chain necklace / Monsoon circle scarve / Knit beanie hat


Touring the Aquarium:
Kris turns into a 10 year old boy at the mention of the aquarium - probably his obsession with surfing (and sharks), but there is no way we are going to Monterey without hitting up the Monterey Bay Aquarium.  If it were up to me, we'd be going on a hike to the thermal springs, but he is pretty dead set on the aquarium.  This means a cozy sweater (belted, so I don't look like a slob) comfy flats, and a big tote to carry all our "tourist for the day" stuff.
Playing the Tourist



Printed cardigan, $145 / American Vintage fitted white shirt, $52 / Current/Elliott skinny fit jeans, $140 / A|Wear gold ballerina flat, $40 / Zippered tote bag, $145 / Leather Jewelry Hermès Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment