Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Summer Trend: Neon Yellow

It's everywhere - day-glo is back from the 80's and has officially become a summer staple this year.  I know I've jumped on the bandwagon with a few fun pieces, but even as summer is coming to an end for most of America, we are just gearing up for summer in San Francisco - AKA the amazing phenomenon of Indian Summer that hits just as the rest of the country starts cooling down.  I'd say it officially starts towards the end of August, and carries through October.

To me that means the end of fog, and the opportunity to FINALLY break out my summer gear.  Here are a few of my favorite Neon pieces I've been eyeing online.....

- -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - --

Giuseppe Zanotti Espadriolle Wedge, Polyvore
This is a fun, and funky take on a classic fall wedge, but instead of a boring black heel, you get a fun pop of yellow.  Can't you just imagine dressing these up with some cropped, tailored black pants and a sheer blouse?
Guiseppe Zanotti
- -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - --

Sabo Neon Tulip Skirt, Sabo Skirt
I've had my eye on this skirt all summer, but couldn't figure out for the life of me where it was from!!  Questions are now answered - it's from online shop Sabo - and it's totally reasonable at $45.  I think I may just have to pull the trigger...
   

- -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - --

Betsey Johnson Neon Clutch, Karma Loop
This geometric clutch is as awesome as it is mod, and with a hard shell exterior, you won't have to worry about cracking your phone if it gets dropped (am I the only one that has trouble holding onto my clutch?!)


- -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - --

Weak in the Neon Sandal, Modcloth
Cute neutral sandals get a total upgrade with a stripe of neon next to the toes.  I also feel like these would be super comfortable for walking since they don't have the "thong" between the toes that sometimes rubs me the wrong way.
Weak in the Neon Sandal in Yellow
- -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - --

Shimmi Nicole Lace Up Bandeau Bikini, The Out Net
The front is standard bandeau, but the back is such a lovely surprise.  Watch those tan lines or you'll end up looking like a tiger, but this bikini is so awesome.  I WISH it weren't back-ordered in my size!!

Nicole lace-up bandeau bikini by Shimmi

- -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - --

Jayda Blazer, We Like Fashion
For a casual summer Friday in the office, this bright blazer would wake up a simple pair of jeans.  I love the cropped sleeves and the single button, although I'd probably opt to leave it open.  This would look awesome with a white t-shirt tucked in, and a fun woven tribal belt in bright colors.
SuperTrash Blazer Jayda Neon Yellow

No comments:

Post a Comment