Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Grey Trellis Rug: I Pulled the Trigger!

That's right!  The Homespun Moroccan Trellis Charcoal Rug is mine all mine in 7-10 business days! (Just wait until Kris finds out *devilish grin*) The decision to get this rug has been a long time coming and I could not be more excited!

Rugs USA Homespun Moroccan Trellis Charcoal Rug

My love affair with this rug started with a few rooms I stumbled upon online - several admittedly coming from A Well Dressed Home's blog.
Love this woman's entire blog!


A few Google Searches later, I was officially obsessed and needed a grey trellis rug in my house ASAP.  Unfortunately, this rug was on back-order indefinitely!  I hemmed and hawed over other colors, but kept coming back to the grey!  All the reviews said it was a very pretty grey with blue undercurrents - so perfect for our space!  I had accepted defeat, but on a whim, I decided to check the site last week.  What do you know?! It was back!  In less than five minutes, the order was placed, and I was sitting back happily at my desk, flushed with excitement!

(Side note: remember this post and Inspiration Board I created several months back?  This was completed just before I learned that I couldn't get my hands on that rug!)

Anyways, since creating the above inspiration board, I'd say that I've fulfilled about 80% of the ideas! Of course, as things have been hung, bought, and moved around, I have a few other ideas that I'd like to try, so the inspiration will need some tweaks.  The owls are on hold along with the star-burst mirrors.  I am actually now contemplating a gallery wall and a few sea fan art installations... more on that later!

We are also STILL looking at pillows (the seemingly never ending conversation) but I want to put any pillow decisions on hold until we get the new rug. I think it will really transform the space, and maybe I'll end up hating all my initial pillow options!

Also on the table?  A new sofa.  Macys is having a sale (again) and I am kind of loving the Chloe Fabric Velvet Metro Living Sofa.  Here it is in the sample photo and again from DecorPad.

Macys Stock Photo

DecorPad

The sofa is a great deal, and truth be told, I am dying to get rid of one of the love-seats we currently have.  A nice long sofa will be so nice to stretch out on.

Another secret? As much as I hate Kris' black love-seat from his bachelor days, I'm almost willing to let him keep it for now, and sacrifice mine because his provides better back support!  Wow, I've never sounded more like an old lady.  We need a new mattress, and a slew of other things before a new love seat, so I feel stuck between a rock and a hard place.  Replacing the cushions on mine seems daunting, and re-upholstering his seems WAY out of my league.

Anyways, the rug will make me happy in the short term!  Stay tuned for updates on my little sea fan project :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment