Friday, October 28, 2011

H-A-double L-O-double U-double E-N spells.....


It's Halloween weekend, and as an adult, I love this holiday as much as I did when I was a kid.  I went to college at UCSB which is notorious for their huge Halloween celebrations, so that really helped foster me into adulthood.  While this year will be no where near as debaucherous as it was in college, I am looking forward to carving pumpkins, dressing up, and dancing the night away on Saturday with some equally festive friends.

This city is fabulous for Halloween too - San Fanciscians always love an excuse to dress up (bay to breakers anyone?) so I hunted down a costume earlier this week, and am prepared to get into the spirit.  I decided to be a pirate this year - honestly the selection at the Halloween Costume stores is atrocious - the choices ranged between sexy pilot, sexy bunny, and sexy cat.  Needless to say, the choices were limited, and sadly, my sexy-fill-in-the-blank years are behind me.

A few years ago when I worked at Nordstrom, I bought this ruffled blouse thinking it was quite avant guard, and have never worn it, because it really is very "pirate-y". White poofy sleeves, ruffles down the front... think the puffy shirt from Seinfeld.  That said, it is PERFECT for a pirate costume, so I got a hook, a parrot, and some petticoats, and I am ready to say "arrrrr matey" all night long!!

Happy Halloween to all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment