Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Is this the one?!


As I mentioned, Kris and I have been apartment hunting for the past few months.  To cut the story short, it has been an extremely frustrating process.  Rent is at an all time high, and there are very few options right now... BUT... tonight we went to see an apartment, and I think this could be it!!

I can feel myself getting my hopes up, so I really need to take it down a few notches, but I left the apartment feeling so excited, I could barely contain it!  Kris just kept laughing at me - you'd swear I won the lottery.

I can just imagine how lovely this new home is going to be - the living room has tall floor to ceiling windows, and the whole unit gets a lot of light.  We can have dinner parties in our formal dining room, movie nights in the expansive living room, and order in because the kitchen is VERY small.

While we don't have it yet, I have already started dreaming about the nesting... I can't wait until the suspense is over and we can plan out our new apartment together.  Kris likes modern and I like more classic, so I think we can find an easy balance with what I am going to call... contemporary classic.

For fuel I headed over to House Beautiful - the epitome (I feel) of contemporary classic.  Some of the homes and rooms are a bit too fashion-y for me, but this magazine truly inspires me to experiment with more colors, fabrics, and textures to create something really interesting... I want practical meets stunning.  Kris wants what I want

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

LOVE this slide show...
http://www.housebeautiful.com/decorating/designer-living-rooms

Must remiknd Kris that I am "streamlining" and "exercising restraint" when his bachelor couch goes bye-bye
http://www.housebeautiful.com/decorating/ideas/designer-decorating-secrets-ideas-0511


*Sigh* if only this were our house
http://www.housebeautiful.com/decorating/sophisticated-san-francisco-house?click=main_sr



No comments:

Post a Comment