Wednesday, September 14, 2011

All Loved Up



I met Kris 5 years ago.  At a bar.  As all great love stories start.

I've always known how lucky I was to have him, however, recently I have found myself more in love than ever.  That actually sounded way more cheesy out loud than it did in my head, but it's true.

After 5 years of dating, we have made the decision to move in together.  For us, this is a big step.  It's grown up.  And it's us finally acknowledging that unless we kill each other in Ikea over which ottoman to get, then we will most likely get married.  It's scary and exciting, and having him meet me at lunch to see a 1BR/1BA in the Marina (a neighborhood which he hates and I love) reminds me of everything I love about him.

To my hunny bunny - with whom I have never celebrated an anniversary - I am luckier than you will ever know.  Thank you for not calling me back when I first gave you my number next to the mechanical bull.  Thank you for making me work for it.  And, thank you for showing me what real love is like.

No comments:

Post a Comment